Friday, March 16, 2012

This really is the year for making things happen.  I think you've all heard the growing (and growing) frustration in me in regards to watching life happen.  Well, I'm pretty certain that frustration is there to drive us to actually change.  So this past weekend, I did something I've been wanting to do for years.  And Tuesday I had lunch at Melrose Market, where a month or two ago I said, "I should have lunch there someday."  And yesterday, I went into that little shop in the Olympic Hotel.  The one I've walked by countless times and always figured I'd stop in, one day.  I know this is all poorly put, but my point is simple:  do the thing you've been meaning to do, hoping to do, dreaming to do... because while you feel you might combust if you never do it, you'll more likely die.  Slowly, quietly, you'll just sink into it. 

So, while it was good to wait, to pray, to prepare.... don't wait too long... and my bet is, you already have.

Caution always sounds like wisdom.  But sometimes it's the wisdom of the slowly dead and dying.




CARPE DIEM.





We die daily. Happy those who daily come to life as well. ~George MacDonald

I have spent my days stringing and unstringing my instrument, while the song I came to sing remains unsung. ~Tagore
We cannot waste time. We can only waste ourselves. ~George M. Adams
How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives. ~Annie Dillard, The Writing Life
I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read and all the friends I want to see. ~John Burroughs
For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way. Something to be got through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life. ~Fr. Alfred D'Souza

No comments: