Thursday, March 01, 2012

Things I don't do: Pack the morning of a flight.


Crap.... I need to find a suitcase. And some clothes. :)


Last night's Blueberries practice got "rescheduled" and as a consolation prize, Erik, John (fellow Blueberry), and I met up for a drink on Capitol Hill... which turned into dinner at another place, and then dessert... and suddenly it was 11. By the time I made it home, I was far too ready for bed to even consider packing (okay, I considered, but that was seconds before my eyelids closed). All in all, I think it was worth it though. What a fantastic evening of delicious beverages, food, and wonderful conversation... and games. :)

Kristin - two more places I love on 12th now. I tell ya, that street is Culinary Kingdom. If you live in Seattle, and you've not spent much time on Capitol Hill, please... do me a favor and go to 12th avenue. Park near Madison. Get some breakfast at Presse, coffee at Stumptown, and eat anything and everything else in site!

But now, time to pack, because this girl's heading to the bay area, and she couldn't be more excited that she's going with her sis. Can't wait for the coffee and food, and moments of reading and writing and reflecting... and hopefully changing. I'm not quite going across a sea, but I'm flying all along it, so let's hope somehow that literary sign marks what it ought and I come back free of some things, more impassioned about others, and ready to take on what is next.

It's time for a change... and I'm. Looking. In. The (wo)Man. In. The. Mirror. ;)

(If you aren't signing MJ in your head right now, you so missed out the grandness of what I was trying to do for you.)

Happy Thursday Friends!

No comments: