Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Dinner at Arabica Lounge last Thursday night was a well-rounded culinary treat. Loved the entire experience: colors, flavors and community. Thank you Southern Nomad for introducing me.  









Esther and I shared the lime vinaigrette and coriander salad (you see in the bottom corner of the menu) and the most delicious homemade pasta.  For dessert she ordered the rice pudding (which was so picturesque it took her 5 minutes to even take a bite of - no lie), and I finished my meal with a pepper and lime, cardamom and chocolate cake.  Esther may have to correct me on some of these details, or supplement, because I largely let her take hold of the ordering, it being one of her favorite Capitol Hill retreats.  


Though the food was beautiful and delicious, it was the atmosphere tailored by the artisan who owns and runs the store.  It was the bikes that strolled in with their owners, the hugs issued at the door, meals shared at the large wooden table, the community that was evidently central to the business that captured my attention as it had captured Esther's appreciation.  Let us taste authenticity - let us feast on beauty and community - and as artists we will come alive.  And we'll come back again, and again. 




.

No comments: