Tuesday, April 03, 2012

It is past 9pm and I have nothing brilliant, witty or even melodramatic to say.  But because the prayer chain has been notified, I figure I better make a quick appearance.  Furthermore, I feel I should note that the little lines below were not the residue of a crying-hangover.... they were simply thoughts sparked by a song lyric I heard while at work.  It made me imagine for a moment if teardrops left stains.  That's all.  I've cried before.  Fact.

Life has been good.  Work has been kicking my butt.  Especially last week.  After a week of late nights at work and far too little sleep - I spent the weekend with still too little sleep, but catching up on all the fun time I missed earlier in the week.  By Sunday, I was completely spent and 8pm meant bed time.

So yes, these days I get up, go to work, spend all day at work and then come home from work.  I may go to the gym.  If I do, I do nothing else that night.  And Kim knows the sad truth of the  last time I chose "gym" for my one evening activity.

Not only that, but somehow I feel less creative than ever.  And what creativity I do have, I've been trying to be intentional about putting into some more directed and specific writing.  This girl has got to put something down on paper.  Real, touchable, finger-cuttable paper.  That's how I spend some of my lunch breaks lately - the ones I'm not meeting Kristin or Esther on. ;)

I must say, having both of them downtown for last minute happy hours, lunch dates, or "I need a coffee/ cookie now" moments have been such a fantastic blessing!  I cannot wait for this weather to hold out.  I worked through my lunch yesterday, and then looked out the window at 2 to discover the most beautiful blue skies.  I text Esther, "Coffee?" and to my great joy, she was free just then.  Having both already eaten, we grabbed coffee and wandered for a quick bit, just taking in that fantastic spring Seattle day.  I am definitely ready for more of those!

So this post was boring - an outline of "life lately", but I blame that mostly on all of you.  You see the down side of deciding that I don't want to waste people's lives with sharing boring bits of mine - is that some weeks, that leaves me with very little to share.  And the exciting bits come, and I'm too busy living those ones to share! :/

A fantastic part of my weekend was spending Sunday at the Family Fun Center - a group of us mid-twentie-somethings running around with the countless toddlers, taking over the laser tag, getting lapped at put-put, and trying not to ram the "Toddler on Board" go-carts.  I'm pretty sure it was my favorite way to celebrate a friend's birthday.  Happy Birthday Erik - thanks for letting us all celebrate your 23rd!

Between FFC, the incredible Lumineers concert Saturday with the Swaty girls, and an overall amazing weekend... it was probably one of my favorites in a long time.  The perfect mix of fun and relaxation.

3 comments:

anthea delvina said...

aaaaaannnddddd she's back :)

Esther Maria Swaty said...

so thankful that you are just a few blocks away from me. I absolutely love being able to dash out... it's like some sort of secret excursion.. freedom for just a few minutes from these bright yellow office walls into something unexpected.

and The Lumineers.. I could go on for days about them. let's just say that was a pretty unforgettable concert. though the best part may have been the encore, or was it when everyone cheered because the lead singer acted like it was no biggie when his mic went out. or the dancing.. oh I wish that smile from that evening could just stay permanently plastered on my face.

loves!

Anonymous said...

Still laughing at John: "I don't know how this happened!" You guys are fantastic friends. Thanks again for the great day!