Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Okay.  Here it is.  The weekend before last, I found my dream apartment.  For a fantastic price.  Exposed brick wall, hardwood floors, cool big arched window, bathroom, loft above living room, WITH a bedroom, parking spaces, kitchen, and even w/d in unit.  It was in Fremont, and $1000/month.  Are you thinking what I should have been?  Yep.  Scam.  It was.  Unfortunately, I was totally taken in.  There photos and it all looked so legit.  They didn't even give me all of those incredible details right away, it sort of turned into something unreal over a couple days. And they'd been emailing with me setting up a time to come see the space and all.  It was the grace of God that I happened to google the address and specifics when I heard I didn't get it.  I just wanted to know the name of the complex so I could keep an eye out for future openings. 

And what pulled up - a Fraud Warning from Craigslist.  Awesome.  I spent a few hours on Wednesday cancelling credit cards, placing fraud warnings on my credit reports and getting over the fact that my dream apartment didn't actually exist - at least not for a price I could afford.  All that hit on the day before a huge proposal was due at work too.  It made for one very long week. 

Thursday, while walking across downtown to deliver that proposal, I was nearly  hit by a car in a crosswalk.  I saw it coming out of the corner of my eye and JUMPED forward.  The car came so close I could have easily reached out and touched it as it flew by.  She slammed on her breaks and looked back at me - it clearly crossing her face what was crossing my mind - I was almost just dead.  Really.  I walked two blocks to my sister's lobby and burst into sobs as I tried to tell her what happened.  I don't sob people!  It was just too much to happen on day after another. 

So, a week later and I'm really dreaming about moving out.  But also a bit gun shy.  Feel free to keep an eye and ear out for me -  something fantastic in Fremont or Capitol Hill areas.  A studio or one bedroom.  Wood floors.  Dream apartment would include brick, and great windows.  Send them my way people.  You know, if you want. ;)  

No comments: