Wednesday, April 04, 2012

I have wanted a chocolate lab foreeevvveeer.

Not really, but that is what my family would say out loud the moment I started to say this. And they'd do it with their best impression of me - in junior high. :P Speaking of Junior High, that's about when I decided I wanted a chocolate lab. ;) These little guys are the sweetest little things. And I might as well admit that there is probably some self-conceited bit involved when it comes to me loving their green eyes and dark brown hair. But labs in general are the most playful, loving, kind-hearted dogs I've ever met. I adore them. It doesn't help that every time I visit Kim & Jason in Nashville, I get cuddle and play time with Jeep & Seven - their two beautiful labs. And now, they're shopping for a chocolate one (CJ). Between that, and a recent happening that I might share with you all - which involved my dream apartment and the prospect of me being able to get a dog (a big dog even!), my hearts kind of set back on wanting a lab... today. I definitely had one of two dreams for this stage of my life: married. Or single, with a big dog that I went running with every morning.  Confession: I bought my car because I thought it would be awesome for a dog (and then maybe two kids). In fact, I nearly bought a dog gate for it, before I'd even purchased my car. I was in the middle of emailing back and forth with the owner on Craigslist and realized I was being a bit ridiculous. That was back in 06.  My parents are big pet people - they are just not big pet people. So yes, this dream has always included me moving out... somewhere they'd let me have a (big) dog.  :/ 

So in short, Kim, stop sending me pictures of these sweet things - you've got me googling images of them myself now!! :(

1 comment:

kaylee@life chasers said...

You know how I feel about labs:)
Do you know that as soon as we buy property we are going to get a female and start breeding registered labs? We will start it and eventually use it as a little side business for our kids to own. So...if you dont have one in the next year or two, you can buy one from us. But you have to come pick it up ;)