Tuesday, April 17, 2012

You want to see how beautiful the past few weeks have been?


Erik's Birthday weekend... 
Meg's Hole in One! (I love that smile!)


Behaving like the mature adults we are...






EASTER WEEKEND









I do a lot of this.... 


Mom's new game board in the back yard. ;) 

He's part of the family - and you know how he loves to get dressed up for holidays!





THURSDAY 

Grass in the city!? I laid in it... Esther found me lost in my own world. 

Door.  Need I comment? 



Esther introduced me to one of the loveliest places on Capitol Hill... and its owner. 



Esther getting really uncomfortable and embarrassed... turns out I'm really good at doing that to her. 
Esther past embarrassed - me highly entertained and enjoying it. 


 FRIDAY
Meeting one of my dad's oldest friends for the first time was an incredible experience.  Hearing new stories about old times from a man who met my father in the service, and spent hours and hours with my parents as newly weds.  I laughed and laughed.  I walked away loving who my parents are even more.  And so grateful to have been able to meet a man who is my father's friend.  A man who knew my father in ways I never will - in times I never could. 

 SATURDAY
Saturday was full of a number of firsts, plus cookies and laughter and hours of great conversation - my first time to the symphony, on a moped, to gasworks, hanging out with someone who built their own computer... inside an original nintendo.  I walked away newly aware of how kind, caring and generous a person can be when they actually seek to follow Christ and love people. 
I told you I do this a lot.  Most great weekends begin like this. 







"It's an entire computer inside! I built it. The power switch even works."



 SUNDAY 
I enjoyed breakfast on Capitol Hill at one of my favorite places, and a field trip to the Seattle Asian Art Museum with a good friend before some quiet time alone reading in the sunshine in one of my favorite places in the world.  How the grass that grows at my alma mater feeds my heart and tickles my toes and fancy, I can't really tell you.  But it does.

Sunday just grew greater and greater, but to document such things would violate certain bilaws.  I will say I attended probably the best male-hosted dinner party I have ever witnessed.  The company was glorious - the conversation, creative.  The food and drinks delicious and ambitious.




2 comments:

Esther Maria Swaty said...

love this post! the only problem is that there are way too many adventures for me to try and comment on... you are living the life.. now not later..

Kimberlee Rankin said...

Exactly Esther!....so you know all the pics with you in a blanket outside reading and lounging...my kids/hubby make fun of me because I am outside with a blanket.....you have inspired me and I bought some new outside furniture and picked up hp again....loved the last 2 weekends weather...hopefully it will contine this weekend.