Monday, April 23, 2012

It appears this is the new pattern - I ignore you all weekend, and then try desperately to catch up and convey the beauty that was there.  And rarely have I had the chance to upload any of the pictures by Monday morning.  Another pattern seems to be me realizing on Sunday night that the weekend is already over and wishing desperately I had just one more day! Or two. 

This weekend I applied for an apartment.  There are plenty of other bidders and seeing as I have no renting history (except my dad) to list.... :/  I'm not sure I'll get it.  But I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  It's a beautiful little studio in North Queen Anne with a private back patio and yard space, french doors, wood floors and a big kitchen.  I could have an herb garden! And sit out in a private quiet little yard in the evenings with friends still!  I'd be a short walk from Fremont, and a short bus ride to Meg's place.  It would be lovely.  I've refreshed my email about every 15 minutes ALL weekend.  It happens to the best of us.



In other news - I got the slightest bit of a tan, and I'm a happy girl for that.  I had time with family, friends, the beach, and my favorite Canadian, and I'm a VERY happy girl for that! I had some of the best steak I've had in a long time, some delicious red wine, and the first long evening on the patio with my family to celebrate my Dad's 64th birthday! (Dad requested we listen to the Beatles "When I'm Sixty-Four"  - who knew he'd been waiting all his life to do that.)

The whole weekend started wonderfully, I ran off early to see the apartment, ended up filling out the application at Milsteid, the sun shining and friends chatting, drinks at John's, and then Esther and I hurried off to see Levi Weaver in a Seattle Living Room Concert.  This of course entailed a number of adventures I won't relay here.  And ended the next morning over tea with one of the best fellow rabbit trail chasers I know.





Saturday John managed to take Kristin on his maiden-passenger-motorcycle-voyage.  And he didn't kill her.  Which is good news.  Because it's hard to stay friends with someone who maims or mukduks your sister.  Am I right?  The whole day was filled with wonderfulness. 

And yes, birds fluttered and butterflies stretched their wings for the first time, hummingbirds sipped sweet water from the fountain of youth and we all rose and danced in the fields of flowers..... Yes... this is me realizing just how terrible I am beginning to sound.  I am sorry guys.  There was sunshine, yet again.  I was out of the confides of an office.  

I even put on my swimsuit for the first time this year!  The sun kissed my face - and even bit a few people.  I'm on a slight Vitamin D high.  And most of you already think I'm the inspiration for "Katie" in Horton Hears a Who, so..... butterflies, butterflies, butterflies. There ya have it - the weekend.
Beaches, friends, family, bikinis (under lots of clothes lol), wine, steak, salads, coffee, coffee, live music, tea, friends, friends, and friends.  It was grand!  And I'll add pictures later.  But for the meantime, just picture everything in pastels and soft lighting.  ;)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I see what you did here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2OvmF-AgEk