Sunday, April 08, 2012

I know you all want another picture of my poor little blue toe right now, but too bad.  You're not going to get it.

This little piggy went to market, This little piggy stayed at home, This little piggy had roast beef, This little piggy had none. And this little piggy went... "Wee wee wee" all the way home...


According to this site, the first publication date of this nursery rhyme was 1728.  That's simply publication.  I took a couple classes on Folklore, and I must say it's highly amazing and interesting how fairytales and folklore get passed from generation to generation in different cultures.

Completely random post?   I know.

Have a favorite fairytale, folk song or story?   Any that you grew up with your parents or even grandparents telling you?   I'd genuinely love to hear it.

No comments: