Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A spider made me late. 

Seriously though.  As I unlocked my driver's door I saw something scurry across the seat and then what I can only imagine was under it.  I opened the door and looked frantically for it, to no avail.  At that, I shut the door. Locked it.  And walked to the bus stop.  It may have taken an extra 10 minutes, but I was not going to be carpooling with that critter to work. There is one thing worse than having to kill a spider - not killing a spider.  It's alive.  It's in my car.  It might be get'n cosy under my driver's seat.  I have no intention of driving my car this week now.  If you'd like to see me, you will have to come visit me - and maybe find and slay that hairy long-legged thing. 

This is the one downfall to Spring. 
So is allergies.  (I just sneezed.)


[Random fact about my office:  Everyone says "bless you."  If you sneeze, at least one person will say it.  If you sneeze again, another or the same will say it.  And again, and again, and again.  So far, I've only reached four consecutive sneezes, but I get the feeling their "blessing" knows no bounds.  And I like that.  Even though I usually laugh after the second or third.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spray the inside of your car with "spider" killer, then close it, lock it... then air it out in a few days. he'll be dead.. ;-)