Friday, April 27, 2012

This is a beautiful Friday.

Despite the fact that I'm pretty stink'n low on sleep, and feeling not quite at par.... I'm kind of in love with this day.  First thing this morning, one of the girls needed some samples delivered to a client in Pioneer Square, and I volunteered to run it.  Especially since it's right by Kristin and mines Vita.  I was lost inside the beauty of that area - I love it, I always do.  Kristin teases me for how much I love "Occidental" (even just the name!).  I love the people there too though.  I love the architecture.  I love that it is old Seattle.  Everything today was just beautiful about it, I couldn't stop taking photos of the arches, alleys and all the people wandering the streets that wander themselves. Last time I was down there, I broke out in tears of happiness and I assumed it had to do with the experience I'd just had of touring one of the buildings there with my boss.  It felt like one of those moments where I genuinely loved my work.  I loved that I was somehow part of restoring a building that's been part of Seattle for decades and decades.  A building that knew so many stories, so much sadness, and so much prosperity.

But today, I nearly began to cry again, on that same street I lost it all before.  And I'm wondering if it's something more.... if there is something in those blocks that is reaching a lot more in my heart.  It's no coincidence that the street I've cried on both times, is one street over from Union Station Park where Friday after Friday we'd feed the homeless that slept on the lawn, and listen to their stories about family and travels.

I know my parents cringe - but I think I need to spend more time over there again.  I was walking the old brick streets in pondering how wild it is that a place can be so lovely and so loveless at the same time.  That people, like those streets can be covered with lines and cracks and dirt - so lovely, and so loveless.  Wandering statues so ready to come alive if you'll just stop, or smile. 

1 comment:

anthea delvina said...

This post is exactly why I need you to be apart of my life. :)