Sunday, February 20, 2011



I woke up in the middle of the night with these words in my head.. I felt like I'd just said them out loud almost. Or heard them said to me out loud. It was very strange, and I repeated it to myself several times in my head before going back to sleep (I didn't want to forget). I considered getting up to write them down, but I was at Elise and Jeff's and Meg and Elsa were right next to me, and I figured searching for my purse, and the notebook in it, would wake everyone up. So, I just went back to sleep. Now I'm not entirely sure this is the exact phrasing, but it is very close at the least:

When you lose what is closest to your heart, something else will grow in its place.

2 comments:

samara said...

Beautiful! It reminds me of Hinds Feet :)
Also, one of the beatitudes in the Message says: "You're blessed when you've lost what is most dear to you, only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you..."
love you!

Elsa Juliet Walker said...

Ugh. This is a love/hate comment. But soooo good....