Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Long weekends provide for a lot.

I've been fighting my mac to let me upload my photos from Friday night for days now. And as soon as it bends, I'll blog about that night. In the meantime, I'm skipping to Monday.

Rose and I went on a sunrise hike at Rattlesnake Point. We met at 5:15am and headed off toward Issaquah under the star-lit sky. When we arrived at the park, it suddenly struck us, we were about to climb into the woods, in the pitch dark. As we stalled a bit (putting together our newly purchased headlamps), the sky lit up ever so slightly and our courage had grown a great deal more.
The sky in Kenmore and Kirkland had been full of stars, making us hope for a great sunrise, but as we got closer to where we'd be hiking, the clouds thickened. We decided to not worry too much about catching the actual sunrise, as it didn't promise much.

But the actual view from the top was magnificent! We stopped and ate out packed snacks, drank a little coffee, took some photos, read a poem... and headed back down.
We finished off our morning with breakfast at a little diner. And drove back home.

I spent the rest of my day in bed. Turned out a morning hike wasn't the best thing for a cold. Oh well. It was worth it. I napped, knitted, drank tea and watched Beauty and the Beast. :) It was a good 'sick day' and restful end to an eventful long weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun and relaxing day! But the sun wasn't up by 8:15am? That seems really late to me.

Kristin Kelly said...

jealous.