Tuesday, February 08, 2011

I caught myself reciting Latin chants during my drive this morning. And the terrible OCD part of me kicked in and I couldn't make myself stop once I started, I wanted to see how many I could recall. At the same time I was annoying myself terribly and just wished I would quit. But, I don't quit well. It's like if I allow myself to count a light pole along the highway...I'll be counting until I get wherever I'm going. Or, sometimes, I'll do a little nod (that was common as a kid). Thankfully, as a youngest child, people don't often notice the little strange behaviors you have in the car. Or at least, I like to hope that's the case. I think my parents had me as a test expirament.

Now, I'm at work, and from out of nowhere, I found myself singing in my head "You can't keep a good dog down, no you can't keep a good dog down..." Not quite sure how it happened, but apparently Itchy & Charlie are characters in my day already. Oh the joys of when your favorite childhood movies never leave you.

3 comments:

Kristin Kelly said...

Yeah. The thing is we did notice. We just didn't want to say anything to make you feel more odd than you already did. But nodding at light poles and counting "tutles" did not go unnoticed. Nor did blowing up santas or yelling sug bug even though you were too afraid to hit me. It was all noticed little one.

samara said...

haha... I definitely burst out laughing about the latin chants... mostly because I do stuff like that too =)

Theresa said...

I love you... wierd behaviors and all :D