Tuesday, February 01, 2011



Work was rough today in the end. Very rough. But we left early in an attempt to board home. That didn't go as expected (at all). We ended up catching a bus home from UW at 6pm. Still, I got to hang out with my sister, take an adventurous bus ride through parts of Seattle I never see, get coffee (Mexican Mochas!) at one of our favorite coffee shops (Trabant), walk through my beloved (and deeply missed) campus at dusk (my favorite part of the day).

And on top of all that, I was sitting on my bed, in my sweats with a book and a glass of cabernet by 8:30pm (after budgeting for the month).

I'm tempted to say today was a terrible day, but I can't, not when the bright parts were as wonderful as they were. The dark parts, they matter very little but to offset the tender lights of joy I felt at the start and end of my day today.

2 comments:

{meg} said...

Love love love that cup!!!
So glad the wonderful parts outweighed the terrible parts of your day.
Love you much!

samara said...

Ah, Kati! Your writing is so encouraging... thanks for sharing :)