Thursday, February 03, 2011

I woke up last night from a very exciting dream. My sister Kim was standing just inside my bedroom door, only slightly visible from the light streaming in behind her from the hallway. I said something like "Sister! I was just dreaming about Orcs and Sting."

She responded by laughing and trying to explain to me how she'd attempted to describe her sisters to the woman next to her on the plane. "And my youngest sister.... well, she lives in her own world, with butterflies and rainbows...and orcs(?)."

This morning as I crawled back in bed from turning off my alarm she said, "I thought you were Jason and I didn't understand why you were getting out of bed so early."

I responded, "I thought you were Gandalf the Gray."
WHAT? That didn't come out right... so I just got up and hoped she wasn't awake enough to remember.

Suffice to say, I spent three hours last night sitting on my bed, reading The Fellowship of the Ring. Tolkien, you inspire and awaken me, as a writer and as an adventurer!

And, my eldest sister, Kimberly Dawn is here!!

1 comment:

Kristin Kelly said...

"in my world everybody eats butterflies and poops rainbows" - Katie