Wednesday, February 09, 2011

The Social Median.

Girls used to cry alone and fall asleep,
Now they just post pictures and parade as deep.
We used to write our hearts on paper
We'd keep beneath our beds, and layers.
It was our pain, and we'd fight the derail,
We'd make it to morning, after a long night's trail.
And we'd look back, and the fight would be ours.
No one would know of that journey under the stars,
No one would see what the blood did to our dreams,
No one would could comment, or like, or re-stream.
And it didn't matter, because we'd grown in the night,
And the night didn't need to be seen, in plain sight.

Yes, we'd grow in the night, and in the night we'd grow deep.
Now they miss sleep, to broadcast their heartaches, their journey as steep,
Their hearts as the lonely, their dreams as unseen.
But I read it all yesterday, it was all in my feed.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you write this? Is the one you're submitting for publishment? It's pretty good, I like it :-)

Katrina Hope said...

Yep, just wrote it, lol. I don't think I'll be submitting this one for publishment, unless I actually check it for some kind of meter. :/ I didn't submit any poem... the deadline was that night by midnight.

Theresa said...

I love this buddy, you are so talented.

samara said...

Kati! This is so good... this has bothered me as well, but you articulated it so beautifully! love it :)

Ashley said...

Kati, this is AMAZING. Love it, sadly so true!

Anonymous said...

"publishment"??