Monday, February 14, 2011

I woke up this morning with a serious stomach ache. It could have been because Levi and I decided to stop at Dicks on our way home last night (how could we miss an opportunity to don formal wear at Dicks on Queen Anne?). It also could have been because of the dream I'd just woken up from, in which we were in some sort of Nazi situation, and Levi was about to die. Or it could have been that I've been fighting off being sick the past few days- and the Dicks could explain the dream.

Nonethless, I knew I needed to head in to work, since last Monday I stayed home due to my back hurting, plus Kim was here. So, today, I had to go in. I texted Kristin "I feel terrible, but I'm on my way in. Just wanted to forewarn you, I may not make it long." She responded, "I think I got food poisoning last night, I doubt I'll make it in at all." Food poisoning, trump card.

So, I'm in. And the morning is unveiling one terrible turn after another. All things that could go wrong, are going wrong. And to add to all that, I'm a bit suspicious that Kristin stayed home on purpose, to avoid this terrible day. Not only are there 3 different depositions happening.. one of them, is of our oppossing attorney's pregnant wife... and as she sits awkwardly out here in the lobby with me, I suddenly realize all over again, it's Valentines Day.

I feel like a jerk. And I had nothing to do with this. I guess, hey, at least they get to be together... even if one of them is being grilled by my boss in a bad mood. :/

No comments: