Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Yes, Please.

Breakfast is my favorite meal. Granted, I like food, in general. (Funny, since most of my life food = pain.) But as I've shared with many of my closest friends (all of whom I have also shared breakfast with), breakfast is special. To have breakfast with people, you don't need to put up your hair, or put on appearances. (You technically don't even need to put on pants. Too far? Probably. Sorry).

But yes, breakfast. The meal you share with those you not only love, but feel safe with.

I love seeing the people I love in their morningness. It's them, most as themselves. Before they've had a chance to adjust or try or hide.

And it doesn't hurt that breakfast food is always sooo delicious. And should always be accompanied with strong coffee.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I am just loving the way you write as of late, it is wonderful!
And now I am hungry for breakfast! ;)

samara said...

Breakfast is by far the best! Thanks for writing so beautifully about it (and everything ;)