Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Dear future husband,

I know you'll one day have to put up with my late-night reading, and perhaps my late night silliness. You'll discover that Kelly women have a terrible habit of sometimes getting an unendurable desire to clean at the midnight hour (usually, it's stress, sometimes not). And if you're so wonderful as to put up with this- dare I ask one more? Would you mind if I played my violin? Say, when I can't fall asleep?



Tonight- it's no sweet sound. But my mom is rearranging and vacuuming right above me- so when I meant to go to sleep at 10 and couldn't, I pulled out my violin. And played for an hour. Our of tune. Yes, it probably hurt me more than her, but somehow it felt like a good retaliation. I kept thinking of my mom saying "This is going to hurt me more than it hurts you." And yes, that 'discipline' for the past hour probably did hurt me more than her. My tuner is broken. The batteries died on the one I borrowed from Tif. And I needed to practice, and what's more I felt like playing. My finger tips on my left hand were beginning to feel less raw and I knew that meant it had been too long. For days the tip of my left pointer has tingled. Today, not so much.


And Dear Future Roommate, I know what you are thinking, and you're right. He may be so lucky as to get me when I've improved a bit- you'll have me in a few months. I'm pretty sure you'll lock my violin away if I try to play it around 11pm. :/ But what if I buy you a tambourine? When then? Ay?

PS, I miss you. I miss you both. Known and unknown.

1 comment:

Kristin Kelly said...

This Kelly woman has mostly overcome the midnight cleaning. I I do the major cleaning on the weekends now and only light cleaning (if any at all) during the week. I do however still clean it our favorite "cleaning attire." : )