Friday, June 24, 2011



Dear Friends,

Elsa and I are playing in the Jet City Invitational this weekend. We play tomorrow at 9:55am and 2:10pm. Sunday, at 11:00am and one more game, time TBD based on how we perform in the first three games. Fans greatly appreciated. ;) Text me, Elsa, or my folks if you want details. It's out in Tukwila, but would make for a fun drive for a few of you together.

You can come hang out with my dad. He'll be the one standing at the end so as not to offend anyone by his uncontrollable shouts and jeers. (He might need a shoulder to cry on when he realizes that his little girl is now an out-of-shape old woman on the field.)

(There you are Dad, there is your official invitation. I'll email you the details.)

I'm EXCITED and nervous... I've had butterflies since I woke up. I don't know anyone on the team, but Elsa. So chemistry should be fun. ;) I guess I can thank you Dad, for forcing me to go to countless tryouts all by myself... showing up to a field of strangers almost feels normal (almost). At least no one will have clip boards, no one can cut me, and I'm pretty sure the girls will be out of that terrible catty high school stage. Once you've been punched by your own teammate, mid-game, there's really not much more you can fear from your own team. Right? Yet, I still can't shake that pre-tryout feeling. :0 (and sick as it is, I kind of like it.)

If it's not something you can fail at, perhaps you're wasting your time.

2 comments:

Kristin Kelly said...

When did you get puched by your own teammate? I would have kicked that little girl's @$$!

Katrina Hope said...

When I played up for NW Nationals... and she wasn't a "little girl." She was a TITAN! I got thrown in defense at a tournament randomly, and when I let my mark get by me, my teammate (the sweeper), punched me. I was completely stunned. It was mid-game. Suffice to say, that team fell apart for lack of unity and teamwork. ;) Too bad too, it had a LOT of talent and we were playing P2.