Thursday, June 09, 2011


Last Night was our last soccer game of the Spring season. We got spanked. And the worst part... the most obnoxious girl on the other team, got a hat trick. I had no reason to dislike her so much, but I did... and that was before the three goals. I can handle girls who are a little more "manly" - in their walk, voice and manners. But when they're also whiners? Yeah, no. The entire team whined like little girls. I had to check myself at one point when one of the 40 year old men on the other team started whining that the ref didn't call a foul for him. Apparently he felt I had kicked him... I hadn't, and he knew it. He was embarrassed and was trying to cover it. He was a grown a man. I might have said something about him being a little girl... I might. :/ I considered saying something worse a few minutes later when he more than fouled me back. I didn't. Why? I'm not a whiner. Grown men shouldn't whine, especially from whatever a little girl like me could do to them. The ref paid him no attention- I think he wanted to laugh at him too.

That said.... we got spanked. And they whined. And the not so favorite girl on the other team got a hat trick. BUT... there's this really sweet girl on our team, and she brings treats. And they're awesome! I wish I had a picture of Emily and Chris to post with this blog. Chris is around my age I assume- he's our goal keeper and he's saved us millions of goals. And Emily is his little sister. She's still in high school, and she's never played soccer before. And she's adorable. And they're adorable. Pretty much my favorite brother-sister combo since Brade and the Unger girls. Quality people. And even more importantly, quality snacks.


Emily packaged them in these little soccer bags even, with fruit roll-ups, caprisuns and home baked cookies. I'm really hoping she plays again this summer! :)


Then, while hurrying back to the park and ride so Erik could get his car and go study for his final... we spotted a carnival. And if one thing is more important than finals, it is carnivals. We carefully chose two rides. The second we thought perhaps was actually a children's ride and were somewhat embarrassed when the man came to strap us in. A few seconds later and we were re-assured. This was no children's ride. The conversation ended. The laughing ceased. And in the silence we re-thought the cookies, fruit roll-ups and caprisun. Oh my! 10 minutes later, we were back in the car. Fun night... and I'm getting waaaaay better at this whole losing thing. ;)

2 comments:

Sarah A. Surface said...

I didn't know that Mallory was on your soccer team! I miss her so much, but so cool that she plays soccer with you. She was our photography elective teacher last semester at school.

Kimberlee Rankin said...

Best post ever!