Monday, June 27, 2011

The weekend rundown.

Tuesday: Beauty For Ashes, and then Adam's baseball game.

Wednesday: Soccer game.

Thursday: Baseball game.

Pierce's team was in town playing the Everett Aquasox, so a bunch of us went out to cheer him on Thursday night. The fans were pretty equally split, 50% Aquasox, 50% Pierce.




Friday: Tailgate and Baseball game.


Rose and I were the first to show up to the tailgate, so we kicked it with Kim's dad and a few strangers. We didn't mind. :) Have I mentioned before that I love this lady? :) A great evening with good friends, cheering Pierce on. The sky was lovely, when it wasn't raining.
(Rose brought her mit/glove(?) I was jealous. The boys teased.) (it kept raining, not raining, raining, not raining)

Saturday: Soccer, tailgate, Soccer.



Sunday: Soccer, (scratch the tailgate, not enough time), Soccer, BBQ (Brade's party).


In the end, we tied for 3rd in the tournament. The scoring is based on a points system, and though we were tied with another team for who would go to the finals, they were selected since they had beat us 1-0. The one game we lost. And all due to a fluke goal in the first couple minutes, a mistake of our keeper. :( Alas. Oh well. We ended up playing with a great group of people, and making a pretty strong team.

Monday: ..... tired. I'm tempted to whine about how I must be getting old and this is so much harder than it once was, the day after a tournament. But, truth be told, I'm kind of surprised. I'm not too sore. And when I was younger, I'd spend that whole next day sleeping. I'm not sure what it is, but a couple days of hard soccer games in the sunshine and your body is ready to shut down for a few days. Yesterday, after the last game, I felt compeletely drained, but in the wonderful relaxing way. :) What a wonderful weekend of sports and bbqs. Thank you Lord for the weather holding out (mostly). And thank you to each of you I got to see and enjoy the festivities with...I loved every minute of it!!

No comments: