Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"I'm not saying you're doing everything right at the front desk, but as for dressing in the 1940's- late 1940's really- you are doing very well Katrina. Very well. And that is the best period in the American history. Seriously, there's this painting of Loretta Lynn, no... Loretta.... something, it's an Andy Warhol painting and it looks just like you. But you probably get that all the time, don't you?

[Shouts from other room as I'm leaving] And thank you for the morning bun, I take back everything I said about you to Kristin yesterday. It was all said in the heat of the moment."

Good morning... and thank you? (I don't have a clue what he said to Kristin about me...)


10 minutes later at the front desk...

Enter Shawn: [Stops abruptly and suddenly right in front of the desk] Why do you look so gorgeous today? [signs beautiful twice, rigidly while speaking.]

30 seconds go by...

Enter Kristin: You uhhhh going to a play later... or something?

Note to self: If wearing makeup and doing my hair causes this much commotion... I guess I'm not trying hard enough the rest of the week. :/ Crap. (Yes, in this case, I guess that was the insecure face. Again, crap. :/ )

20 minutes later...


Stephanie: Thanks for the treats [interrupts herself] Oh my Gosh, your hair looks so good, how long did it take you?

5 seconds later...

Enter Lars: Your hairs all done up.

me: Yep, and there's coffee already.

Lars: Aww, best day! [you can see the corners of his mouth and eyes trying to smile, but failing for lack of caffeine]


30 minutes earlier... [I should also note David's entrance before Shawn]

DEL: Man, the coffee downstairs just isn't as good as Starbucks. My mocha is too sweet. It's a bit cheaper though.

me: yeah, Kristin doesn't like it either.

DEL: What do you guys drink?

[more awkward conversation attempts follow from us both, and then suddenly he exits without any closure or completion... mid-statement. ]

CJL: not here yet. ***



Welcome to LLF. More perfect of a picture than you know.






***CJL at 9:11: Good morning, I like your hair. [With a coffee cup, full hands, a smile, and no pause in his stride.]




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well crap! After all that, no picture of the hair?!