Thursday, June 16, 2011

Elsa posted these on her tumblr (yes, I said the dirty word), and I like them quite a lot.
Love the symbolism. You all know my thing with keys (the world's thing with keys rather now), but I've been thinking a lot about the people in my life who hold those keys. I don't just mean the typical "key to my heart" but overall, the keys that are part of my destiny. God uses people, and we can't expect to get where He's called us, without those people.

And this one, well quite simply, I love it. If I were to get a tattoo, it would most likely be a phrase, it would definitely be about love (because three things remain, and the greatest of these is love), and it would be in a typeset font just like this. Yes, indeed, this would likely be my tattoo. (And to tell a secret- this is the one place I'd get one... a bit higher) I have no intention of ever getting a tatoo. But if I did, I'd want it to be something I'd want my children to see every day - just think, your child will never know you without it, it will be as much a part of you to them, as the color of your eyes and the smile on your face. What do you want to tell them? I'd want to tell them to love, first the Lord, and then others. I'd want to tell them to Hope in God, and trust unswervingly. I'd want to tell them to be strong, courageous, take heart, and take risks. Live a life worth writing about. And well, there you have it- I don't think I can put ALL that on my neck. So for short, I might end up putting "Love never fails," or else a picture that makes them ask, "What's that mean?" And then I'd tell them...

3 comments:

Elsa Juliet Walker said...

So if we don't put it on our bodies, we can write it all over the walls of our homes:)

Elsa Juliet Walker said...

And "dirty word"!? Katrina Hope. Tumblr is glorious:) You just have to follow the right people.

Kristin Kelly said...

How about I make us an appointment?