Monday, June 13, 2011

Feeling a bit like I've conquered the world.

How so, you ask?

Well, namely, I just learned how to create a public calendar in Outlook. I guess I was on the right track before but didn't have the permissions. With a little email to our IT guy and a sweet phone chat, I am now the proud creator of the "Vacation/ PTO calendar" in the public folders- a little idea I had to make things a but more organized for us ladies of the LLF. And I'm feeling pretty darn good. I don't get to make much lasting changes in organization here, so when I get to create something, and know that it stands a chance to stay organized, I get a slight high.

Not only that, but I tackled the Liens Supplement today. That means nothing to you, unless you were a friend who's shoulder I cried on a bit back in the fall. It is the most daunting part of my job, thankfully it only comes around twice a year to smack me in the face. But let me tell you, it leaves a mark on my cheek! It's the time when I almost quit... and do have a little cry in the bathroom. They are a mess, and last fall I put a ton of extra work into it along the way in order to organize and streamline the process, only to have it all undone. It wasn't malicious, or even really knowingly undone, but it was undone. And as I tried to keep a smile on my face, looking at my work all cut and pasted (literally, with tape and scissors) in the hands of a remarkably sweet person, my heart dropped into my feet. You all know I'm a perfectionist. And that supplement was PERFECT!

That said, I've been dragging my feet and dreading this Spring/ Summer Supplement. Today, I dove in, and I am already 75 pages in. The afternoon flew! And praise the Lord (truly!), the phones were rather quiet for a Monday, helping me to stay focused and not have to find my place over and over, and over.

On top of that, Kate and I went for a run this morning, which makes me feel productive and healthy, but more importantly, like a good big cousin. Though really, she's probably the good cousin for running with me. ;)

I'm feeling like the Lord is faithful, and because of that, I've got a chance at now, and tomorrow, and the somethings to come. I know the feelings aren't the ultimate truth, but they sure are nice when they line up.

I was driving to church Sunday morning and tears started to fall as I realized I really was saying goodbye to Meghan within hours. No more chances at one more goodbye. It wasn't just that. I know Emily leaves soon too. I'd been saying goodbyes I felt for the past couple days. And seeing friends I'd said goodbye to in my heart to different levels too. Remembering it all caught me up a bit. But it wasn't a bitter sadness, it was an okay one. It was an accepting one. Because as I feel the Lord moving the people in my life around, mostly piece by piece away like chess pieces across a board, I got this quiet sense in my heart, He's making room. I think He's making Himself room. ;) And so while there's a quiet sadness in my heart, there's also an expectancy and excitement.

And I know, most of the goodbyes are only temporary anyways. : ) This summer is going to be a good one, whatever He has in store for each of us.

No comments: