Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A glimpse of my dad:

When I was probably 12, my dad bought us girls the CD of "Beauty and the Beast."  All three of us, to share.  For Christmas.  We know him well enough.  When we opened the CD case, there was three tickets inside, front row balcony.  Dad is all about surprises.  And he always puts a great deal of thought into how to mislead us and tease us and eventually delight us.  He is an amazing man.  I'm pretty lucky, and sometimes I worry I've been too spoiled in thoughtfulness.  But he's taught us to work hard, to do whatever we do, well, and to be grateful.  We've never been allowed to be entitled.  I think that is part of why he likes everything to be a surprise, he doesn't ever want us to think something is our right.  :) 

I have a great dad.  I know how lucky I am, and I continue to learn it more and more. 

1 comment:

Kimberlee Rankin said...

Did you know we took Jessica and Jordyn to that at the same time as you because I have a picture and they were just little girls like 6years old....it is the cutest pic!