Friday, August 12, 2011

One of my goals for this year is to read 25 books.  That isn't a huge number, but it seemed like a good goal to keep me focused, but not over-taxed. As of this morning, I believe I am at 10.  I'm hoping I've missed a few.  I might need to bulk up my numbers.  I've read some great books though and taken note of the strengths of some literary giants, including Hemingway, Shakespeare, Dostoevsky, Tolkien, Lewis Carroll and Ray Bradbury. 

A few books next up on the queue:
Gilead (reading)
The Woman in White
The Help (Kim gave me it for Christmas and I haven't gotten to it!)
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter & Sweet (wanted to read this for years- also another Christmas gift from Kim)
Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

Have others to suggest? Please do!!

3 comments:

Morgan said...

The Help is incredible. Just finished it. The author speaks in first person through three different characters. Its truly incredible.

Madison Alexis said...

Woman in White!

Cami said...

My goal is 24 :) And to suggest a few books you didn't mention ;): A Study in Scarlet (also a Sherlock Holmes') & A Christmas Carol...and on a spiritual basis The Fourth Dimension by Dr. Paul (David) Yonggi Cho is amazing!