Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Two things:

1.) I love finding deals.  It's the closest thing I get to research these days.  It gives me a minute high.  I'm not just talking "I got these jeans on sale."  I'm talking, bartering with vendors for brochures.


2.) I hate being mean.  I can't bring myself to tell our old vendor we won't be using him any more, but I also feel it's only appropriate to do.  It would be easier, but less considerate to let him just figure it out when 6 months have gone by and he hasn't heard from me.  I like nice people... and our contact there has been more than helpful over the past year I've worked with them. 

Alas... dilemna? 

I like to build relationships with the people in my work life... which makes it hard when you have to make a change or a break, but it's too easy to get stuck and miss the opportunities that could save your company money.  I know I am overthinking this far more than I should.  My vendor will probably think "Crap, I lost a client."  That's it.  And here I am worrying about issues of faithfulness, honesty and kindness!

...moving on. 

This sparks another revelation I've had about myself this past year: I prefer things to be said.  

3 comments:

Morgan said...

yet another possibility:
you call your vendor and tell him of the deal you found and how you will most likely switch because of it, and you will have a 95% chance that the vendor will give you the same deal just to keep you as a client. Therefor, keeping your faithfulness and honesty and getting a deal :)

Emily said...

If it helps, know that my new office is a new client for said brochure vendor (just for business cards) because I liked working with said contact. I think they're doing alright :).

Also, I found your blog! I love it and I LOVE how often you post. Hope you don't mind if I keep reading!

Katrina Hope said...

Ha! Emily! I just read your "About Me" on your blog for the first time last night, I laughed... several times. Follow indeed... but beware there are probably references to my lady crush on you somewhere back there. Also, a recent shout-out to your blog ;)