Friday, February 10, 2012

Drip coffee with the tiniest bit of cream, and an old fashioned donut, Good Morning, Friday!!

Also today, I get to finally start doing the part of my job that I've been excited about!! In an hour or so I get to go to a pre-submission meeting for a job we are going to bid for.  I know, sounds thrilling, right?  But after three weeks of accounting and invoicing, and then archiving and more accounting - I'm silly happpy to be getting to use words in full sentences again!  Yesterday I helped reformat a Specs doc for some Construction Documents and I was more than happy to be back in my safe homeland, Microsoft Word.  Excel and me, we've kind of been on a common friends type basis - he's part of the family of one of my best buds, so we've sat at the dinner table together a few times and maybe even discussed a film or two, but we don't really spend a lot of quality time one on one.  He's helped me with some to-do lists, and we've even got in a fight once.  But these past three weeks we've spent a LOT of time together, and while I'm finally beginning to learn he's really smart and is way more complicated and deep than most people see, I don't really see this thing between us turning into anything like love.  Maybe respect, and a healthy working relationship where we both get each other and try to help one another maximize our potentials.  But it's Word that I'll always feel comfortable with and at the end of the day want to cuddle up on the couch beside. We get each other.  We make each other laugh and smile and when we run into issues, we always figure out how to resolve them. 

So yes, today, is going to have more Word in it, and some new (and old, old) friends, like Photoshop.  And that is a good day.  I'm looking forward to getting more involved in the marketing aspects of my job.

No comments: