Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I am a member of two book clubs, a secret literary society, and an unknown reading group.  Makes it hard to decide which book I should pick up next.  Last night, I just gave in and picked up the one I really have been wanting to read for weeks. 

That was after I spent an hour googling "How to throw an amazing Hunger Games themed party."  Tomorrow night I am hosting one of the book clubs, and we have been reading The Hunger Games.  I'm a bit bummed that Natalie won't be there this week and only four of us will.  But that isn't going to stop me from throwing a pretty fantastic evening.  Should you find yourself free tomorrow night, and wishing to discuss the boy who baked bread and the girl who was on fire.... text me.  There will be bread, hot chocolate, something with berries, something for dinner (that's what keeps stumping me!), and some interesting decorations that I began last night.  So very fun.  :) 

PS. My sister Kristin got roped into reading the series, since she started this particular book club (which is actually a book & recipe club), and though she thought she'd be immune.... I happen to know she is currently debating some pretty desperate measures for  how to finish the last 20 pages of book two, while she is at work. ;)  

You can't stop this.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Haaha, poor Kristin. I love it.

Kristin Kelly said...

I think you should find a great recipe for squirrel and ask Robert to get you one. They seem to eat a lot of squirrel. Or maybe Wild Turkey in honor of Gayle? :)

Anonymous said...

I so wish that I did not have a paper due in class tomorrow eve and a trip to pack for.. sounds like you all are going to have a grand time :)

kaylee@life chasers said...

AHH!!! I was just thinking yesterday that I wish I was near you guys because I would SO throw a party!
Make a lamb stew! It would be so fitting. You could also make a beef stew and just pretend it is lamb :)
Have a blast! Can't wait to see pictures!