Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Rosemary walked into my room tonight  up to my door tonight, stopped, and said, "Are you okay?  I've never seen your room like this before."  And she's about right.  Her concerns that my bedroom is actually a reflection of my heart may not be exact (I'm not sure - I told her there may be a few piles there too, and perhaps some dead flowers like the ones on my dresser), but they do reflect the busy past week.  Between some long-needed quality time with a few old friends and some very long hours at work, my room has been serving as quite the changing station - dropping off the violin/ picking up the car from the shop/ running to the gym/ showering and 5 minute change for dinner/ packing the overnight bag/ grabbing clothes for the morning at the gun range and then babysitting/ nap/ theatre and dessert with close friends/ 11 hour work day/ a birthday dinner in Kirkland/ second early morning and long late work night/ shopping for personal showers/ special hot cocoa with Toni.  Yep - to be fair, I'd actually cleaned up as best as I could along the last few days, but really, I've fallen a bit behind. Have I mentioned I haven't been sleeping?  I think it's a few things - but no matter what time I lay down my alarm goes off in the morning and I'm exhausted from another night.  I remind myself: these seasons come and go.

I was supposed to clean/ do laundry/ pack tonight but by the time I got home I just felt like listening to my sweet friend, sipping hot chocolate and catching up on a few months of one another's lives.  Between this evening with Toni and a surprise coffee/ lunch date with Megs I'm feeling pretty grateful for some wonderful women in my life... who perhaps want better for me than I tend to want for myself.  I'm really grateful for them, and others in my life.

Oh yes, and now it's 11:30pm and I can't fall asleep because tomorrow... is the first Blueberries practice of the year! :)   And after that, it's a few days of rest in California.  Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

I love you. I loved our time last night. And sometimes its ok to have a messy room/heart :)

Toni