Tuesday, February 28, 2012

New goal for 25:  Learn to golf. 

Well, go golfing a few times.  I've talked about it for the last few years, growing more and more obstinate each time but I've yet to really learn.  This year, it happens.  Last fall, after quite the talk from Jeff, it was agreed that Elise and I would learn to golf.   Here are my reasons:  A.) Golfing with girlfriends sounds ridiculously relaxing and fun.  B.) Being good at golf would be helpful for business. (Believe it or not, I've been asked if I golf at every business I've worked at... excluding Starbucks.) Specifically in marketing, it would be nice to say, "yes."  C.) As my Dad regularly says, "Kati's always wanted to do every-thing."  And, he's more or less correct.  Included, I'd like to learn to golf.  One day, I'd like to be in my 40s and be at least a moderately good golfer... meeting the girls at the club for a late tee time and a pretty drink. ;)  And I figure in order to be there at 40, I need to start learning now that I'm officially at mid-twenty.


(Theresa and Kathryn... I know, but let's make it happen then!)

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS POST!!!

And I am taking golf at school next quarter so I am going to need to go to the driving range at least once a week to get some practice in so I don't look like a complete idiot in class. So PLEASE tell me you'll come with me, at least once :)

Theresa said...

You know I am always in.

Kimberlee Rankin said...

You reading my mind? I just emailed some girls to meet on random Thursday nights at the driving range.....guess you will have to join me occassionally...