Friday, February 10, 2012

LBL, I got.  The new boss, I'm having a tougher time figuring out.  He's funny.  But in a totally different way than I usually get. 

Today, as we walked into the parking garage he usually stows his car at he pointed to a box of donuts just sitting on a random space, "Want a donut?"   Me:  [laugh] "Sick."   Him:  [looks at me.]  "They have them every Friday."  Me: "Oh.  I thought you were kidding."  : /  "Well, I actually did want a donut this morning - I bought one."   Him: "I saw that." [awkward  long pause]  "I can spot a donut from a mile away."  Unlocks the car. 

A few days ago I added my thoughts on some office decorating.  He just looked at me and said, "Katrina, Ryan and I were having a private conversation."  They were standing at my desk.... in our big open shared-space office.  I'm still not sure he was entirely kidding... but after a moment, he smiled and said, "I'm kidding."  But then to add to the wonderfulness of interacting with this man he genuinely couldn't understand what I was saying, and suggested, "We'll need you to draw it."  To which I replied, "I am not letting all of you see my sketching."  Ryan just added, "Oh yeah, just go ahead and hop on AutoCat" - the program they all use which of course I have no clue how to even....open. 

This is going to be fun... I'm going to have to think of an abbreviation for the new boss.  Though, I feel a bit more hesitant about writing about him - he seems more, real-life and has definitely shown himself already to be a great (normal) boss.

No comments: