Friday, February 10, 2012

My address book is about to get a full on make-over.  It seems most everyone in my life is either getting married (new address and new last name) or moving!  Seriously.  Pretty much everyone.  And then there are all the "maybe" movers too!  I'm holding myself in the posture of 'excited' and fighting the panic, because when I stop to reflect on each of them individually, I am so excited to see the people I love stepping in to the callings on their lives.  They're coming alive.  I think this is why so many of us have had this steady flow in to our minds and hearts that we need courage.... that we need to take risks.  It was so that we'd make these moves, we'd say yes, take chances and fight for the dreams that have been dormant in our hearts.  We're a generation of travelers - of movers - of reconcilers - of bridge-builders.  I can count off people who are deeply grafted in my heart and life all across the country - and some in other countries.  And I'm not unique in that... I think it's part of what our generation is to be about.  We can build deep and still build far.  And we can stay connected and grounded and still spread out. 

That said, when I take a step back and survey this mass movement, I smile.  You know, there's a rumor going 'round.  ;)

“This world is a great sculptor’s shop. We are the statues and there’s a rumor going around the shop that some of us are someday going to come to life.”


― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

No comments: