Thursday, February 16, 2012

You know I didn't learn what pot smelt like until I was... older than most.  After announcing multiple times very loudly to my mother in a costume store, "OH MY WORD WHAT IS THAT?!"  "No, seriously mom, can you smell that!?"  "Dear God, that is horrible!"  My mom finally broke it to her high school daughter, "Honey, that was marijuana, and it was the man next to you."  Whoops.  Well, let me tell you, it takes a lot of control for me to not say that to every smoker I walk by - I feel they should be told, "You're killing yourself, and you smell like it. Yes, you smell like slow-death."  I'm sorry.  Too mean?  I love you smokers, it's just that I have an extremely sensitive nose (also thanks to my mom) and bad smells make me want to vomit.  Truly, gag reflex.  I can't stop inhaling, I get light-headed and annoyed and nauseous and start to pray that if I throw up, it's on the person who smells that bad. 

That said, I smell marijuana ALL over Seattle lately, I swear.  It could just be me, but I feel like it's a sudden thing.  Maybe it's that I've moved offices and this few blocks are worse than the previous few blocks?  That could be it, since I was by the court house, jail, judicial offices, and the columbia tower.  Not the best spot for weed.  Or maybe there's just more of it in Seattle lately?  I have no idea, but every day on my lunch break, no matter which direction I walk, I swear I smell weed.  It's like I'm at Folklife.... minus the music.  And all the great metal jewelry.  : / 

4 comments:

Kimberlee Rankin said...

Can you say Medical Marijuana....just saw a sign for it today coming off the freeway at our exit....only $150 a bag!

Cami said...

I agree with you Kati, I can't stand the smell of smoke period...it makes me feel sick too. :(

Unknown said...

Our old neighbors used to smoke it ALL THE TIME. First time it happened, I had walked out on the back porch to see Jason and the boys, when I smelled that awful nastiness and yelled out to him "Holy crap! What is that?! Something smells awful!?" Our neighbors proceeded to step inside the house real quick. THEN Jason ran up to me and explained that smell was weed :-)

Kristin Kelly said...

My two sweet innocent sisters. :) I used to work with a dealer so...pretty familiar with the scent. P.S. smoking weed does not kill you, it makes you stupid.