Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Mis-mouthed?

I don't know how better to say it, but I heard several things today sounded so odd coming out of the mouths they did. 

I heard a three year old announce to his cute young blonde mom on the bus today, "That man's smoking weed."  Only it sounded more like "Thamansoakingweed."  His mom corrected him, "No, that's a cigarette."  And he in turn corrected his mom, "No, thaweed."   Huh.  I guess he smells it everywhere too.

Back in the office, I heard one of the men in my office (who to me would appear to be the sort to own a gun and a few flannels), "Oh hey, I was just calling to double check on that play date.  Saturday or Sunday?  Okay, sounds great."  Words  you just don't expect to hear out of some men's mouths: play date.  Actually in a spanse of 15 minutes I heard three of the four men say sweetly over the phone: "okay, love you."  It's just an odd change.  I now work with four, family men.  They drop their kids off at preschool before work, get kept up all night by sick babies, and apparently set up play dates. 

Don't get me wrong, I kind of like it.  :) 

No comments: