Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I just had a very weird experience.  Yes, it's slow at work and I'm on Pinterest.  And I saw this quote (to the right), and smiled and thought, "Now, that's when Sparks could write!"   And just as I went to click on it, something caught my eye.  My name.  Huh? 

Yep. 

Just one of those weird moments where you feel some stranger has somehow intruded on a private moment.  Or you feel caught - someone just called you out.  And then, you just feel weirded out, because some girl, with your name, just posted something you would probably have posted - or at least secretly have wanted to.  Oh The Notebook... I might need to re-read that book someday.  Or perhaps I should try catching up on Spark's last few novels.  There's one on my shelf right now... I've just become so disappointed in him lately.  Once he himself wrote the screenplay for The Song, casting Cyrus and completely removing the deep content and real father-daughter relationship that was developed in the book.... I just lost respect. Nicholas, we've been friends for so long - why'd you have to go and do that? You used to make me cry, used to impress me with  your courage to kill main characters... now, you cast teen heart throbs and write cheap versions of your stories for those who can't handle a two-day read.   Go back to your roots man, you used to have something!! I don't want to see Zac Effron, Miley Cyrus or what's his pretty-faced name in one more of your films! 

Sorry, apparently I needed to get that off my chest. 

No comments: