Monday, December 06, 2010

Bono.

I was doing a little praising of Bono to Elsa a couple weeks ago. In a common trend, I was being dramatic. After a few blank looks, that I didn't know how to read, I laughed and said, "I'm kidding. Kinda. Actually, no I'm not." I think he is remarkable. I think he actually is a hero, by more real terms than 80% of who we call modern-heroes today. I heard about this interview last weekend and just got a chance to watch it (thanks Brade for posting it on your blog). Man, that I would be as faithful (and passionate) to the call on my own life.



Something I've been realizing as I've been considering the lives of Ruth, Esther and the words of Jesus. We don't become righteous by seeking to be righteous. There is only One who is righteous. We become righteous by seeking after Him, and getting more of Him in us. I think even the command, "Be holy, for I am holy" isn't telling us WE can be holy, or must be holy. He's saying, I AM HOLY... and I am to live in and through you... It's not, be like me... it is, let me be in you. It's not about, how do we love more like Him? How do we look more like Him? How do we be more righteous like Him? It's how do we make more room for Him in us? How do we become more of a dwelling place? How do we let Christ live in and through us?

Thank God for Paul! I feel like he gives us so many answers. :)

having said that, seeking to be righteous means we seek righteousness. And if there is only ONE who is righteous, then He IS Righteousness. So, I guess, in another sense... lol, but that said. If you want to argue with the above paragraph, I can totally understand. I can argue with it myself... but please try to hear what I am saying. Righteousness is not an act.

Watchman Nee has a quote in his book, "The Normal Christian Life" that says (roughly), 'The Father will always respond to all our needs in the same way: by showing us more of the Son.'

He puts it far more wisely, and eloquently than my bumbling above. My needs right now? Love. I want to be a woman who looks like the face of powerful love. His answer? More of His Son. Direction. Vision. Righteousness. Courage. Trust. Faith. Hope. Strength. His answer? More of His Son. It's wonderful, because I don't have to go running around in a million different directions- I can just go to the same place for all my needs. :)

1 comment:

Kimberlee Rankin said...

He is my hero too. Read a book about him once.