Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I don't really consider myself a redhead, and I'm assuming very few of you (if any) consider me one. But I've always had this red undertone that seems to turn every dye I get into some version of a red. People often compliment me on the wonderful red tint to my new color and I wonder to myself how it always slips through- despite the complete absense of any red in my stylist's work.

So, while I answer "brunette" when asked for a one word answer of my hair color (mousy brown if given two words... thanks dad), if I'm honest with my own little internal struggle to define myself, there's definintely some disagreable red-head in there... and I'm happy about that. It's a little piece of my grandma perhaps-- I didn't know her, she passed this time 22 years ago. But when I see that red, I like to think perhaps it's a little bit of her irish firiness slipped into my blood.

That is part of why I enjoy going 'red' from time to time ;)

With that, I found some lovely 'redhead' quotes on Esther's blog.

“Gentlemen may prefer blondes, but it takes a real man to handle a redhead.” - Unknown


“Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead.” - Lucille Ball


(Yes, this may be a hint to what my hairstylist and I discussed in November, for the new years!)

2 comments:

Braden said...

uh oh

KoL Unger said...

Kati, you hit it head on! :)