Wednesday, December 08, 2010

You may wonder what my tricks were for surviving college. Or, more likely not. But I am going to tell you one. Youtube. On late study nights, when our minds had turned to mush of prehistoric "facts" and political wonders, Tyson and I often resorted to watching Neg's Urban Sports. I don't remember how we first found him, but I do remember we only showed a handful of people. Being a European Games Show sequence to a Sports Show of some sort, Neg's vocubalary is not quite, ideal.

This morning, as a certain someone called my phone, I thought back to this particular episode. I thought I must be part of a joke. The call follows:

Me: Good morning, LLF, this is Katrina.
..empty air...
Caller: Hello?
Me: Good morning.
Caller: Who is this?
Me: This is LLF, Katrina speaking.
Caller: Oh, okay. What can I do for ya?
Me: I'm not sure. Actually, you called me.
Caller: Oh. Uh.
...empty air...
Caller: Oh, I bet I know what it is...
...empty air... (I think he cut out, because based on his tone next, it sounds he is annoyed to be repeating himself to me).
Caller: Is David there?
Me: Yes. David? One moment please.

CALL TRANSFERED. Note, he never even told me his name... just asked how he could help me..

I think you'll see the similarity when you watch this episode: (Don't worry, I think this episode's language is fine. Maybe just don't blast the sound.)

2 comments:

Braden said...

i love the sounds he makes when he walks away. Whoohohohhohohooooooowhooo!

Katrina Hope said...

I guess this one does have some profanity at the end too... I'd forgotten. :/