Thursday, December 30, 2010

I've heard it said, 'If friends were flowers, I'd pick you'
But that is all nonsense. Friends are not flowers, and thank God for that. No, indeed, you'll be with me much longer than those flowers on the window sill.

No, if friends were jewels, I'd set my crown with whatever jem was you.
If friends were colors, all my sweaters would be bought in that hue.
Could they be songs, you already know, but you'd be my favorite tune.
If silverware, I'd have soup every night, assuming you're the spoon.

And if friends were rhymes, I'd write you.



[I've been looking forward to picking up a few of friends who've been away- and I've toyed in my head with how much it seems I am waiting to go pick up my scattered treasures. We picked up Emily at the border yesterday. I'll be meeting Megs at SeaTac in a little over 3 hours. Joel comes back Sunday. It's terrible when friends go away- but so wonderful when they return.]

1 comment:

{meg} said...

I love the new layout! AND I LOVE YOU!
So glad I am coming home to you tonight.
AND I'm So VERY glad we get sleepovers!