Saturday, December 25, 2010

I'm definitely still a kid- restless sleep all night. It's 8am and I can't fall back to sleep, because
IT'S CHRISTMAS!!

So, I've been spending a little time alone, just thinking on what my Savior means to me. And what it means that He decided to become a man, a baby, and live a perfect life, in order to save me and to set an example for me.

I've decided it means grace. And it means relationship. And, from those, it means hope.

Oh God, all I can say is thank you- and I want to know You more than I do.

I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. - Luke 2:10-11

Those italicized parts struck me this morning as I was reading. Before Christ, the baby, could even utter a word, it was already declared that He came for all mankind, and to all peoples. He was never just a Savior for the Jews. He went first to the Jews, but He always had all in His heart.

A friend wrote in a card to me yesterday that Christ came for me personally. He came as my Savior. She wrote it more eloquently I believe- but it struck me- I need more intimacy in my relationship with my Creator and Savior. The young woman who wrote the card embodies that I think, and I'm trusting that this is going to be a key part of this coming year. I think I am going to come to know Christ even more intimately as my own.

"They will call him Immanuel" - which means "God with us."
Matthew 1:23

No comments: