Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I gave it a second chance. And it made all the difference.


I haven't liked The Sound of Music, for some time. I don't remember always not liking it, but I also don't ever remember liking it. Somewhere along the way though, I just started disliking it. Finally, after hearing about it ridiculously often, and in random ways, for the past couple months (and also admitting that I had no recollection of the nazis in it at all!), I decided to give it a second try.



After dinner at the Clines last night, Linda slipped in the film. It might have been her singing along, and her sincere enthusiasm of the film, but I decided I like it. The atmosphere of the film is beeautiful: incredible hills, mountains, and architecture. Not to mention, a great story. I love musicals too, so even though I feel those songs of been made too much of a fuss over, I liked the film a great deal. I loved the end, which I had no recollection of whatesoever.



So, yes, I will stop saying I hate The Sound of Music.... however, I still insist, A Few of My Favorite Things is not a Christmas song. She sings it in the middle of a summer thunderstorm for goodness sakes!

No comments: