Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I was wandering through Third Place Books with my sweet friend Emily Kuffner last night, and I started thumbing through a biography of Grace Kelly. I picked it up instead of the one right beside it on Audrey Hepburn, because everyone loves Audrey. I love Audrey. But, I felt like one of the other glorious actresses of the past deserve a little affection too. So, because her last name is Kelly. And because I know (from my dad) that she married to become the Princess of Monacco. And because she is stunning and elegant. And because, I've enjoyed her in old films. I picked up her book.

I quickly fell in love with this, her wedding gown. It's enough to make me rethink what I'd pictured as mine. I definitely have wanted to incorporate lace... and this is stunning and elegant.

I love how the buttons run down the front. And I love that it carries similar features to my mom's. If I could even almost fit in my mom's dress... I'd be happily wearing it down the aisle. But unfortunately for me, I didn't even fit in my mom's gown when I tried it on in Junior High. :( When people say 'petite'- they are talking about my mom.

1 comment:

samara said...

LOVE the dress! You would be stunning in it :)