Saturday, December 11, 2010



Trust is one of the most beautiful things in the world. When I look at the trust in your eyes I find you more beautiful to look upon than many a lovely queen.


When the flower of Love is ready to bloom in your heart, you will be loved in return and will receive a new name.


"the little wild flowers have a wonderful lesson to teach. They offer themselves so sweetly and confidently and willingly, even if it seems that there is no one to appreciate them. Just as though they sang a joyous little song to themselves, that it is so happy to love, even though one is not loved in return.

I must tell you a great truth Much-Afraid, which only the few understand. All the fairest beauties in the human soul, its greatest victories, and its most splendid achievements are always those which no one else knows anything about, or can only dimly guess at. Every inner response of the human heart to Love and every conquest over self-love is a new flower on the tree of Love."

Help me to trust you as much as I long to love you.


Let Sorrow do its work, send grief or pain;
Sweet are thy messengers, sweet their refrain.
If they but work in me, more love, O Christ, to thee,
More love to thee, more love to thee.


"It contradicts all that you promised."
"No," said the Shepherd, "it is not contradiction, only postponement for the best to become possible."
...He was leading her away from her heart's desire altogether and gave her no promise at all as to when he would bring her back...
"Even if you cannot tell me why it has to be, I will go with you, for you know I do love you, and you have the right to choose for me anything that you please."


A few of my favorite pieces (thus far) from Hinds Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard

3 comments:

red ticking said...

lovely... happy to have found you... xx pam

samara said...

ah! these are like all the passages i wrote in my journal! haha... such an incredible story. Love you :)

Elsa Juliet Walker said...

:) Cami just bought me this book. I seem to be hearing about it often too. Maybe I should open it.