Sunday, March 27, 2011

Going through old pictures.... and found this little old one I love. (I'm sure you two hate it... but I just love the memory of driving to Julie's wedding with you.) Two of my favorite young women. Looking back, probably my favorite thing about my senior year was getting to know these girls (including their entire class!). I remember going to Jordyn's 13th birthday party, and thinking, eh... one day 5 years will seem a very small difference. And that is not to say I did not enjoy every minute of that slumber party (apples, oreos, peanut butter and The Little Rascals)... just that even then I knew that these women were wonderful and that I was going to enjoy being friends with them for many years to come. Last week, Jordyn turned 19... and MacKenna will follow shortly. ;) What incredible ladies, truly. I love watching all you ladies go through MCs this year and I am so excited to see the directions and turns coming in the next few years... I know the Lord has such wonderful things for you all and that your unity and strength to fight for one another is going to help you (each) follow where Father leads you... even if it is hard to suddenly be apart.

Ash, Rames, Jess, Kayla, Morgan, Jaelle, Jord and Kenna... (and all the rest, but I don't think the other girls read this), you are such remarkable women. I've loved watching you grow up, press through and press in, each going through a unique process and making hard choices. You are beautiful. And all carry such amazing skills- some which you might notice yourselves already, dance, writing, singing, sports, painting, etc.... and some which you'll come to recognize and value in the next 5 years. Such as, the way you have learned to fight for each other, to pray for each other, to seek after one another and others, to bring people in, to forgive an offense and let go of a hurt, to be real and to be honest, and to communicate with words, be true in action, and to keep your heart open. I love you all... what a delight God must take in creating such an array of beauties and then grouping you all together like a garden. As my dad would say "What a bevy of beauties." ;) Continue to trust Him and allow Him to move you to where He wills, He has great plans for you and what you've spent the past 13 years investing in together will continue to be a blessing and a strength, though it might look different and hurt at times. What you've built will last, so don't waste time trying to force it to be what it has always been, or fearing how it will change. His plan is so much bigger than what you've seen or experienced so far, and you've only just begun to taste the richness of friendship.

Love you girls. Love being your friend.








1 comment:

Ashley said...

Wow. You are awesome, thank you for those words! I love you so much, KK!!
...and that last pic, LOL!!