Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Today is the birthday of a very important man in my life.

He helped teach me how to read. Well, more accurately, how to memorize what words went along with what page. And how to make my mom think I could read.

Nonethless, a very special man indeed.

And I would read his books in the deep. And I would read them in the dark. And I would read them with some tea. And I would read them with no feet. And I would read them to a dozen little children who like to scream. And I would read them all alone, just me.

Yes, Sam, I would read his books anywhere.





Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

You helped me grow into the strange (creative) creature I am. Who lives with Who's and Thing One and Thing Two's. Who tries different foods and see's wisdom in fools.

ps, I blame my common disconcern for 'done' hair, on you. You taught me early, straight up is cool. ;)

No comments: