Sunday, March 27, 2011

In short, nothing went as I expected. Yeah, that whole time-line I posted at 3:30am on Thursday, went out the window about 5 minutes later. But isn't that how so many of the greatest times go? Certainly the case here. After getting stopped at both passes and required to chain up (which we didn't have and had to go buy)... and some other minor adventures... we arrived at the Mahers' at a quarter to ten. So In n' Out was dinner instead of lunch, and dinner at the Mahers' was more like... dessert(?) or speed Scrabble and a movie. Breakfast the next morning was probably my favorite part. A.) because I love breakfast, and B.) because I love cooking/ baking with friends. While Morgan and Adam (and Braden?) slept, Joel drove over and picked up Meg and I from the Landies, then we drove to Petaluma to pick up Court (who was staying with Katherine), and to do some quick grocery shopping. Then, we returned and all relaxed together while we made French Toast (not bad to cook in a kitchen that looks out on one of the most amazing views!). San Fran got scrapped, as Morg and Adam ended up having a change in their plans and had to leave earlier than expected, plus, it was raining. So, San Fran will have to wait for this coming July, when hopefully I drive down with Meghan. Instead, we toured Novato. (Note our tour guide above.) And ate at the infamous "Italian Delight"-- delicious little stop that might frighten some away.

Such a short couple days, but I couldn't be more grateful. I got hours with the Carpenters, who I see less and less with their busy traveling schedule, and spent time in the hometown of two of my best friends. Something about getting to see your friends at their 'home' that helps you understand and truly know them better. I'd never been to the Landies' (or even met Hannah!), so it was especially nice to share a breakfast with them and start to understand my dear friend Megs all the better.

In short, so many lovely people and moments. I'd do it all again, maybe not tomorrow, but certainly next week if I could. ;)

No comments: