Sunday, March 20, 2011

I am so grateful for the quality of people in my life... for the friendships that I don't deserve. For the people I can call on in need, and not even just in my own need, but if I have another friend in need. That is a true friend, when you can count on their caring about others. What an undeserved comfort, what a blessing of the Lord to create us with such a capacity for community and love.


This is going to sound so shallow, but I must say, I am also blessed with some of the most beautiful friends I know.... guys and gals. I looked around the breakfast table on Saturday as we celebrated Brade's 22nd birthday (and Laurie's!), and granted the table was composed of mostly Ungers so this makes complete sense, but I just thought, what an amazingly attractive table of people, inside and out. How lucky am I to have had breakfast with these guys? And how blessed to count them some of my dearest friends.
A girl really can be spoiled, and indeed, I have been. Add to these handsome faces, Tyson, Robert, Jeff and others... I know some of the greatest young men (some now becoming fathers!). And I'm not even mentioning the ladies I get to count my close friends... the women who bring me to tears, one minute from the depth and beauty of their hearts, their trust, their faithful friendship, their wisdom... and the next from laughing dangerously hard. I am blessed, by all of you. Thank you. Friendship is the greatest gift you can give, and I know it costs you.

1 comment:

Braden said...

:) I am grateful to be mentioned in this post. We are all so blessed to have you as a friend